Thursday, March 14, 2013

Land of Dreams...


A city lined with intricate blue & red mosques,
what a feeling it was, walking on the cobbled sidewalks!
& then there was 56.6 metres of dome height,
complete with the golden hue of the diwali kinds light!

The local band impressing me with "awara hun"
and me trying to pose as pyar hua iqrar hua in the rainy noon!
The boards have weird dotted alphabets for names,
but locals give me all directions & click me for picture frames!

Great bargains at the bazaars,
oh, the smell of sweet baklavas,
There was Starbucks & hot tea in all flavours,
but, the 360 rose wine I want to savour!

Clear skies and snow laced ground..
The blue of water & its soothing sound..
a bus ride on the deep blue sea,
and on the deck there was tea!

A delight to see the trojan horse,
& then I advanced to cotton castles ofcourse..
Splendid were the Suji ka halwa in wafers,
& the free 'foreign' langars!

An ancient roman city with a glorious past..
& I was back to the start..
Sunshine replaced snowy days,
the Palace jewels left me in a daze!

On the plane and here now,
the trip was really wow!

6 comments:

  1. welcome to Jingle Poetry,

    very beautiful piece.
    trip was really wow,
    wow.
    cool...

    A++

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I wish I could've been there. Great description!.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. please share again.

    old poems are welcome.
    love your talent, your blog is a treat to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. JP: I will definitely b thr at the next Thusday rally! :) thanku so much for your appreciation!

    ReplyDelete