Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The bubbles may burst!




Life is full of surprise bubbles 
Sometimes, accompanying them are a few troubles.

For instance, what I wished for is this-

when I turned 16, I wanted a bash,
and to walk down a ramp with the "Miss India" sash!

What really happened is this-

The cute guy from class, rang the doorbell at midnight,
With flowers and cake and a card in sight!

What followed was something like this -

Standing in the doorway, I dint know whether to be happy or to be sad,
The only thing I could see clearly, was my angry dad!

The story ended like this -

I said goodbye to my Birthday bash dreams,
All I was allowed the following evening, were just a few ice creams!

It's true-
Life is full of surprise bubbles..
Sometimes, accompanying them are a few troubles!


This is my entry for Bluebell Books:  Short Story Slam:  http://bluebellbooks.blogspot.com/2011/09/short-story-slam-week-11.html

10 comments:

  1. "Life is full of surprise bubbles..
    Sometimes, accompanying them are a few troubles!"

    Nice lines

    ReplyDelete
  2. suddenly aanchal has turned to a prolific writer greeeeeeeaaaaaaat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have to love the way this develops! And I like the way the end repeats the beginning — only by then we understand so much more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. bubble dreams may not always come true.
    glad to see you move on,

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I really liked this one :-)

    ReplyDelete