Sunday, March 22, 2015

What is Happiness!

Happiness is the quintessential feeling that all of us are hankering after! We want to feel happy all the time. Be it in the morning, during the day, in the evening and when we go to bed. If we don't feel happy, it is said that we are stressed and "un"happy and we need to take measures to bring ourselves to the state of being happy!

Happiness to me is many things and since I am labelled as the happy go lucky types, I am usually happy! So let me list as many as possible things that add to my Happiness quotient!

· - Hot morning cuppa waiting for you to wake up: How happy I get, when I have barely opened my eyes and my tea is waiting for me already! Thank mom for the little things in life. 
· - Having home-made food: Oh! The feeling of mother's ghar ka bana (home cooked) food! Happiness guaranteed.
· - A home filled with happiness and loads of positivity: A must have for anyone who needs happiness!
· - Shopping spree: With the advent of online shopping, this element brings happiness at least once a month! (Wide grin = Super happy)
- - Vacations: Oh! How happy I get even at the thought of vacations. Sheer Bliss. Whether it’s a trip to Kashmir or Chandigarh, happiness is surely going to be yours on a vacation!
· - Long weekend road trips: You wake up in the morning and suddenly you are packing for a weekend getaway to Lonavala, Nashik or anywhere else. It’s sometimes unbelievable at how quick these decisions can actually be made. Trust me, its total happiness.  .
· - Local food: I am sure you can identify with the “Happy” feeling of travelling to another city and using GPS to search for the oldest, most authentic food joint to taste heavenly food.  
· - The Perfect Dessert: I love sweets and it isn’t always that I get to bite into the most perfect dessert. But, when I do discover the perfect strawberry tart or an awesome carrot cake, my happiness is unparalleled.  
· - Catching-up with school friends and cousins: If your school friend moves to your city and becomes your next door neighbour, it is an amazing feeling. Equally amazing is when you have a destination wedding to attend and you end up having crazy fun amounting to sheer madness. Total Happiness!
· - Winnie, The Pooh: This one person has been making me happy ever since I was 5, I think. Honestly, I don’t even remember when my love affair with this one started.  

See, I am not even half way in my list! But I hope you got what I am trying to say here. It isn’t the big things, it is the small things that really matter. You will definitely be happy when you buy a house, buy a car, get married, have kids etc. But, happiness isn’t limited to that! There is more of it and can be found in the tiniest of things. You might even find it in a fizzy bottle here: http://cokeurl.com/96jnc


No comments:

Post a Comment